Google Analytics Scheduled Emails Not Working

When using Google Analytics it is very helpful to send daily and weekly reports. Google Analytics has the ability to schedule these reports to be emailed, but like many other people (see here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/analytics/1JqNpbSDYac) I was having an issue getting these reports to actually send.

Some of them were working and others were not.  Ultimately I was able to determine that the reports that were not working were being sent to someone other than myself. I was able to resolve the issue by only sending reports to myself, then setting up a forward rule in my email to forward the reports to the appropriate people.



Annoying, yes, but it works. However this way you do get the added benefit of tracking that they are in fact sent, and you can reference the email later and get replies directly from the email.

These emails/reports still seem to be actually sent/generated at random times throughout the day (my last 5 days: 4pm, 1pm, 2pm, 8pm, 7pm), I'm not yet sure how to resolve this issue, but when I do, I'll update this post.


Hope this helps,
Aaron




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Search iPhone Text Messages with SQLite SQL Query

How to Turn Off Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Scroll Sound Vibration

Configure SonarAnalyzer.CSharp with .editorconfig, no need for SonarCloud or SonarQube